Tuesday, December 13, 2011

L Marshall: The Wait

Another hot tip for 2012, you already know L Marshall from his hard working hook magic on Wretch's Top 5 smash, Traktor, while the west London born, Brazil and Lagos raised singer and writer was also behind Loick Essien's No.2 How We Roll. Having just dropped his mixtape, , the 24 year-old Manga and martial arts fan is readying his own album for release in 2012. "I've been in with Jerry “Wonder” Duplessis (T.I., Mary J, Justin Bieber), Supa Dups (Drake, Eminem,) and Novel (Gaga, Jason Derulo)," he says of his A-list line-up. “I had meetings with a couple of other labels and they all saw me as ‘the next Bruno Mars’. That’s not me at all,” laughs L of signing a deal. “Mercury saw that I’m ready to expand as an artist; I’ve got the raw sound for my mixtape, a gritty soul feel on my EP and then I want my album proper to be straight-up global pop. Nothing less than that.” 


Look forward to hearing more from L next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment