Thursday, January 17, 2013

George The Poet: About It (SBTV)



One of the most brilliant talents to come through in 2013, George performed at the Royal Albert Hall last Monday in front of Wretch and Tinie and a packed room.

We've seen George perform twice recently and we can tell you he's pretty amazing. The video above proves just why everyone from the BBC, Channel 4 and Formula 1 all think this North-West Londoner is just so fantastic.

We caught up with George last week. Here's a little of what he had to say.

How did you get into poetry?
I started out rapping, and moved onto poetry because the audience I was attracting through rap, for whatever reason, wasn’t really engaging with the social stuff that I wanted to talk about.


You're working with Naughty Boy, signed to Wretch and his team, you performed an amazing poem for F1... What's been your career highlight to date?
Working with the ACLT. It gave me a lot to think about and a sense of priority. I just made a quick poem for them but through seeing their journey and seeing their work and get people, especially black people, to register as donors.

What's the plan for 2013?
I want to have more of a commercial music presence, release the first of two EP's. One is with Wretch and Jacob Banks

What's the toughest decision you've made?
Turning down charity stuff is always tough but I have to think about priorities. I’d love to give myself to everything but it’s not possible.

You should know that… I was born with a tooth!

Watch more of George on his Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment