Monday, February 18, 2013

Jetta: Hear Me Now



Liverpool singer and songwriter Jetta has already made her mark with her amazing track Start A Riot, which we featured back in November.

Jetta recently performed this little number for i-D online and we thought we should share it. Just Jetta, a guitar, an amp and a random street in South London is all was needed.

Love the voice, love the lyrics, love Jetta's whole style.

We had a quick chat with the former Paloma Faith and Cee-Lo backing singer about her mix and match musicality.


The best song I’ve written so far is… 
Start A Riot. I’ve only released that so far, so I want to keep the rest a surprise for the live shows.
I’d describe my sound as…
Raw, cavernous, soulful and industrial because I like to mess around with the sound of real instruments and make them distinctive.
My career highlight to date is… 
Making the Start A Riot video because it I got to make it in Liverpool and London with all my friends and family. I co-directed it and it involved everyone I love. I wrote the song with a brilliant producer called Jim Eliot. (M.I.A). It was a very natural collaboration.
I’d love to work with… 
Andre 3000. I love him. He’s brilliant.
I would describe my style as… 
Mix and match. It’s similar to my music; crossing over has always been what I’m about. I like to mix High Street with vintage and top end.
Someone else who might do well in 2013 is… 
Macklemore.




No comments:

Post a Comment