Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Time For: Naughty Boy







"I’m not just a producer – I’m a director too”. 

It's coming....

The debut album from Naughty Boy features Emeli Sande, Professor Green, Sam Smith, Wretch, Ed Sheeran, Gabrielle, Wiley and, well, loads and loads of other people.


No stranger to this blog, the  28 year-old from Watford born Shahid Khan, has worked with Emeli Sande, Wiley, Chipmunk, Tinie, Professor Green, Leona Lewis, Cheryl Cole, Susan Boyle and, if rumours are to be believed everyone from Britney to Mariah.

Over the last 24 months, Naughty Boy has become one of the UK’s most sought-after sound creators. With a distinctive, epic feel to his compositions, he was won the acclaim of Simon Cowell who called Naughty a “musical genius”, while his power as a producer and songwriter has ensured a hitlist of superstars will appear on his forthcoming debut album,  ‘Hotel Cabana’. The single has already spawned two massive hits: Wonder Ft. his buddy Sande and the recent No.1 La, La, La with Sam Smith.

Expectations then are high for the unassuming musician's debut. 

“I want it to be an album for our time; it has a concept to it, so it’s more like a film in some respects," NB told us. "I’m not just a producer – I’m a director too”. Since making the seminal rap song ‘Black Boy’s’ for Bashy out of his parent’s shed back in 2005, Naughty Boy has risen rapidly through the ranks from novice beat-maker to in-demand producer. “I grew up admiring the likes of Timaband, and I’m still inspired by him and Pharrell, as well as the Bollywood soundtracks I was bought up on,” he says. “However, I want to bring the sound back to the UK and prove that the US sound has become somewhat stale, the same sound is being recycled over and over again for the same acts. I want to show that in Britain we make vital, innovative sounds that are as, if not more, valid than the big American producers.”




No comments:

Post a Comment